Would it be best to paint the walls before or after installation?
If you intend to paint the walls, we would advise you to do this beforehand, basically because you will have more room to work. Remember that if the hand rail is removed it may leave holes in the wall. In any case, it is not difficult to paint the walls effectively after installation, as the stairlift will be installed on the steps.
- I have underfloor heating. Will the floor be drilled?
- I am not sure if our wall is suitable for a stairlift. Is there a way round this?
- The walls are of weak construction (e.g. plasterboard) - is this okay?
- Will the walls be damaged during installation?
- What about the power supply?
- Will I be able to keep existing doors at the top or bottom of the stairs?
- Can the floor covering be left in place?
- Will building work be required if I have a stairlift installed?