Will the walls be damaged during installation?
The stairlift will be installed on the steps so, in theory, the walls will remain undamaged. Of course, if the existing hand rail needs to be removed this may leave some holes.
- I have underfloor heating. Will the floor be drilled?
- I am not sure if our wall is suitable for a stairlift. Is there a way round this?
- The walls are of weak construction (e.g. plasterboard) - is this okay?
- Would it be best to paint the walls before or after installation?
- What about the power supply?
- Will I be able to keep existing doors at the top or bottom of the stairs?
- Can the floor covering be left in place?
- Will building work be required if I have a stairlift installed?