Will I be able to keep existing doors at the top or bottom of the stairs?
The track overrun is always chosen so as to minimise the modification required and keep everything as it is. In some cases, however, it may be necessary to make modifications in the interests of stairlift and stair user safety. The adviser will discuss this with you.
- I have underfloor heating. Will the floor be drilled?
- I am not sure if our wall is suitable for a stairlift. Is there a way round this?
- The walls are of weak construction (e.g. plasterboard) - is this okay?
- Would it be best to paint the walls before or after installation?
- Will the walls be damaged during installation?
- What about the power supply?
- Can the floor covering be left in place?
- Will building work be required if I have a stairlift installed?