Will building work be required if I have a stairlift installed?
In nearly all cases we can carry out installation without building work. However, some cases may involve minor modifications, for example where a window sill or radiator is in the way.
- I have underfloor heating. Will the floor be drilled?
- I am not sure if our wall is suitable for a stairlift. Is there a way round this?
- The walls are of weak construction (e.g. plasterboard) - is this okay?
- Would it be best to paint the walls before or after installation?
- Will the walls be damaged during installation?
- What about the power supply?
- Will I be able to keep existing doors at the top or bottom of the stairs?
- Can the floor covering be left in place?