Is a stairlift safe?
All Handicare stairlifts comply with stringent safety standards. Our stairlifts are fitted with a range of safety measures such as a seat belt and integral safety sensors. Besides the standard safety measures, there is also a range of optional safety measures for your stairlift. Handicare Stairlifts assures your safety on the stairlift
Standard safety measures are as follows:
- The stairlift has been designed and finished so as to prevent clothing becoming entangled.
- The footplate and motor unit guards are fitted with sensors that detect potential obstructions between the stairlift and the stairs, bringing the stairlift to a safe standstill.
- All seats are fitted with a seat belt to prevent you falling from the stairlift while it is in motion.
- The seat stops automatically if it encounters an obstruction on the track or stairs.
- All seats come with a key to prevent unauthorised use of the stairlift.
- All seats can be swivelled to give sufficient space when getting on and off.
- The stairlift works on two batteries so that, in the event of a loss of power, you can continue using it for several more trips.