Will the hand rail remain in place?
Handicare will leave the hand rail in place wherever possible. In some cases, however, the hand rail may need to be removed. Where necessary, we can install a hand rail on the opposite stair wall or the inside wall.
- Is a stairlift always possible?
- How is the track secured?
- Will a stairlift fit my stairs?
- Is the track fixed to the wall or to the steps?
- Can a stairlift also be installed on the shorter or inside wall of the stairs?
- How long will it take before my stairlift is ready to use? What is the delivery timescale?
- How long does it take to install the stairlift?
- How will I know when the stairlift is due to be installed?
- How easy is it to dismantle a stairlift?